Shingles, the viral disease caused by varicella virus, has been affecting thousands of adults yearly. As many people search for a fast Shingles relief, researchers look for the most effective cure for this illness and up to this date, vaccines are the only medically invented means to prevent it. Vaccines for Shingles have about 75% effectiveness in preventing Shingles to appear. So how does this illness start?
Shingles is basically another form of the Chicken Pox, only it is much stronger and more potent. For people who’ve contacted the Chicken Pox in childhood and were not vaccinated, there are high chances of recurrence in the later stages of life, and it will appear as Shingles. This virus is known for its ability to stay dormant for years and resurface once the body’s defenses slow down. As soon as symptoms start to manifest, such as multiple rashes around the torso, back, neck and face – immediately seek medical attention. Symptoms starting on the face and spread to the eyes are very sensitive, which if not treated immediately can cause blindness.
While treatment of the breakouts can never guarantee that the virus won’t resurface, several treatments can assure you that complications caused by these breakout or skin lesions will be avoided. There are two methods of Shingles relief treatment that people infected can utilize. One is a prescription treatment and the other a natural treatment.
Below are some of these treatments:
1. Burdock root. This herbal remedy is known for giving fast Shingles relief for over a century now. Burdock root tea should be taken at least once a day to relieve pain and itchiness along the area of the skin lesions.
2. Some prescription medicines are advised by most medical practitioners as a quick Shingles relief treatment for the early stages of symptoms. Because of the skin trauma that breakouts cause, doctors recommend taking painkillers to relieve the patient, however, healing can take up to 6 days when you depend on medications alone.
3. Another natural Shingles relief treatment is the use of special ointments. Several ointments available in your local health store are known to provide relief in itchiness as well as aid in drying up the skin lesions for faster healing.
4. Another simple means to dry out the breakout lesions and encourage faster healing is by regularly cleaning the affected area with cool water and soap. Be careful that you only use cool water since hot water can irritate the lesions and further worsen it.
5. Once the breakout lesions dry up, itchiness will be significantly reduced. However, pain contractions can manifest from time to time, so it’s advised to apply calamine lotion for faster Shingles relief to get rid of pain and certain levels of itchiness.